The Youth Programs start young people on the road to productive employment& life-long learning.
Every year, Career T.R.A.C.K. offers employment, training and academic enrichment to more than 300 young people ages 14 to 21 in an integrated program of work and learning.
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Youth participants must be between ages 14 through 21, inclusive.
- A member of the family must fall under the federal low-income guidelines or a youth with a disability who based on their own income falls within the guidelines.
- The youth participant must have one or more of these barriers to employment:
- Basic skills deficient
- School dropout
- Homeless, runaway, or foster child
- Pregnant or parenting youth
- An individual, including a youth with a disability, who requires additional assistance to complete an educational program or to secure and hold employment.
You will find a number of programs tailored to fit you immediate and long-term life goals. The Summer Youth Programs operate on four different levels:
- Skill Builders
- Youth Services Corps.
The Year-Round Program offers older, out-of-school youth vast opportunities to complete their GED, explore career options, gain real work experiences through a number of private and public worksites within the participant's county, and much more.